Brexit and EDI
Do you trade goods with the EU?
Data Interchange are pleased to announce that our EDI solutions are updated in readiness for the changes required by these and other OEMs.
Manufacturers including Ford and Volvo have implemented mandatory changes to the EDI data in preparation for the exit from the EU on January 31st and others will likely follow suit.
Ford have requested changes to the ASNs sent:
- Movement Reference Number (MRN) – In order to receive an MRN the Customs Export Declaration or Transit document T1 needs to be submitted and then allocated by Customs.
- MRN Date – Date when the Export Declaration or Transit document T1 has been released by your local customs authorities.
- Type Indicator – EU (between the EU27 countries and the UK) or EX (between non-EU27 countries and the UK) or T1 (bonded warehouse suppliers).
- Number of Packages –This was optional, now mandatory.
- Gross Weight – This is already a mandatory field.
Volvo have requested changes to the ASN sent:
Changes to the LIN
- A MOA+40 segment –Total value + currency
- A RFF+IV segment – Invoice number
- A DTM+171 segment –Invoice date
We can help to implement these requirements digitally in order to prevent potential impact to export operations following Brexit.
To update your EDI solutions, or if you have any further questions relating to the implications of Brexit for EDI, please contact a member of our support team on +44(0)1733 371311 or email [email protected]