Technical Engineer (3rd line support)
Contract Type: permanent, full-time
Location: Peterborough, England, UK
As part of the service desk team you will act as technical lead providing 3rd line technical support to our customers and users of all of Data Interchanges solution set. You will establish good customer relationships and maintain those relationships by offering first rate customer service, using all forms of communication available.
You will act as an escalation point for our Service Desk Analyst teams, investigating and resolving customer incidents and requests using 3rd line technical skills. Working closely with our service delivery and professional services teams, you will ensure all customer tickets and requests are handled in line with agreed SLAs.
You will be responsible for supporting the onboarding of new services into business as usual (BAU) support within the DI service desk, including providing training and support to the Service Desk Analysts. You will liaise with our in-house development team and other internal stakeholders to investigate and raise customer bugs and features. Through your intricate knowledge of DI managed services you will suggest continual service improvement initiatives, and environmental changes that align with our customer’s requirements.
You will be part of our out of hours team providing Data Interchange (DI) customers with on call support for priority 1 issues. The shift pattern covers our Service Desk hours of Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm including bank holidays.
Successful candidate will possess:
- ITIL foundation qualification
- Knowledge and experience of working with SQL Server
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Service Desk environment (preferably an application support role)
- Experience of providing technical support to a 3rd line level
- Experience of delivering customer and internal training
- Experience of working with application monitoring and management tools
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong troubleshooting skills and confident approach to remote and phone support
- Ability to investigate issues in an analytical and methodical fashion
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple workstreams
- Ability to work within a team and under pressure
Preferrable skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of networking technologies, TCP/IP, FTP, AS2, ISDN, VPNs etc
- Knowledge an experience of the creation and use of Virtual machines (Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of Cloud based architecture (Azure)
- Knowledge of agile methodology in relation to both project and software development
Why work at Data Interchange?
As well as great rates of pay, we reward our people with a benefits package that includes individual training budget, subsidised gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme, Technology scheme, life assurance, fresh fruit, soft drinks and a games room!
Data Interchange are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.