Location: Peterborough, UK
As part of the Infrastructure team, you will contribute to the team in providing technical support to our customers (internal & external) for all infrastructure supporting Data Interchange’s solutions and applications. You will establish good relationships and maintain those relationships by offering first rate service, using all forms of communication available.
Working closely with our support and professional services teams, you will ensure all infrastructure tickets and requests are handled in line with agreed SLAs.
You will act as an escalation point for our Service Desk analyst teams, investigating and resolving infrastructure related incidents.
You will be part of our out of hours team providing on call support for priority 1 issues.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Be part of the growing and developing Infrastructure Team at Data Interchange supporting our own Data Centre hosting EDI applications and services and working in Azure as we look to migrate our EDI applications to Cloud
- Provide out of hours on call cover Priority 1 issues.
- Form part of our incident management team ensuring timely investigation and fixes are performed to restore service in the shortest possible timeframes.
- Using your understanding of ITIL based support methodology to be actively involved in our problem management teams.
- Ensure process documentation is up to date and accessible to the Infrastructure Team.
- Impart and share knowledge within the Customer Services department to maintain knowledge levels and improve the team’s performance.
Person Specification and required experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working in an Infrastructure environment (in a Windows environment with good Networking experience)
- Experience of implementing and managing environments within Azure
- Experience of implementing and managing the following:
- Windows Servers
- Networking/load balancers
- High Availability
- Multi-region DR
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Basic understanding of PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Able to diagnose SQL Performance issues
- Able to diagnose Windows Performance issues
- Experience of managing AKS
- Experience of managing Redis
- Experience of managing Elastic Search
- Experience of managing SQL Server (Elastic pool or similar SaaS deployment)
Why work at Data Interchange?
As well as competitive rates of pay, we reward our people with a benefits package that includes individual training budget, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work & tech scheme and life assurance.
Data Interchange are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.