Full time, permanent
Location: Peterborough, UK
Data Interchange was founded on the idea of finding brilliantly simple solutions to the challenges businesses face every day. And, right now, as part of an ambitious growth programme, we are seeking a Presales Consultant to expand our Presales team.
Primarily operating in a consultative presales role, you will work with prospects and customers to explore their needs and help them develop their requirements. This is achieved by using a combination of industry knowledge and technical expertise. Once you have identified the requirements, you will be responsible for proposing a solution based on Data Interchange’s products and services, and then working with the account manager to formalise the solution with a proposal.
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires a combination of interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, and an understanding of supply chain business processes. The role would suit someone who works well in a team, can see challenges from different perspectives, is detail orientated, has an inquisitive mind, enjoys problem-solving, and can match business challenges to technical solutions.
35% of time
- Attend Prospect/Customer meetings to:
- Work with audiences of varying technical knowledge across all levels of the business to explore their requirements and help them shape their needs.
- Create and deliver generic and customer-specific presentations and product demonstrations based on Data Interchange’s products and services.
- Clearly articulate Data Interchange’s delivery approach for services and product implementations.
- For current Data Interchange customers:
- Undertake high-level environment reviews in-order to understand and document their objectives, technical needs, and business requirements.
30% of time
- Develop high-quality proposals explaining how the solution meets the prospects’ and customers’ needs, including:
- Working with account managers to build the benefits case for using Data Interchange’s solutions and relate the business requirements to the technical components of the solution.
25% of time
Working internally to:
- Ensure that won work is smoothly transitioned from sales to delivery.
- Support the Product Management teams development of products and services.
- Provide input and review the Marketing team’s collateral.
- Deliver product awareness / internal training to the Commercial team.
- Provide management information, including: activity reports, bid reviews, KPI’s.
10% of time
- Maintain a solid, technical understanding of Data Interchange’s products and services.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in technical or physical sciences.
- 5+ years’ experience of B2B integration in a presales environment.
- A strong understanding of supply chain and associated business processes, specifically around ordering, dispatching and invoicing.
- Understanding of message formats such as EDIFACT / ANSI X12 / VDA / XML.
- Adept with Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
PRINCE2 qualification and/or Six Sigma certification.
- An understanding of communication protocols, such as FTP, AS2, OFTP.
- An understanding of APIs and how they are used to integrate systems.
- High-level understanding of the infrastructure used in computer networks.
Why work for Data Interchange?
As well as great rates of pay, we reward our people with a benefits package that includes an individual training budget, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work & tech scheme and life assurance.
Data Interchange is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.