Software Test Engineer
Peterborough, UK + home working
Permanent, full time
Data Interchange is a global leader in providing expert EDI and eBusiness solutions. For more than three decades we have been creating connections between businesses and have helped thousands of satisfied customers all over the world to do business electronically. While people trust us for our technical capability and specialist EDI experience, it is our approach that really sets us apart. Data Interchange was founded on the idea of finding brilliantly simple solutions to the challenge’s businesses face every day. And, right now, as part of an ambitious development programme, we are recruiting a Software Test Engineer.
To be an active member of an Agile development team testing a suite of business integration solutions. As a software house, our Test Engineers are core to our business and as such are expected to strive for technical excellence and ensure a high level of software quality at all times.
Successful candidate will possess:
- Ensure high quality user stories by defining acceptance criteria and questioning any assumptions.
- Ensure that software is developed to meet business requirements.
- Using knowledge of testing approaches and tooling, ensure that testing activities are always fit for purpose.
- Evolve and learn new testing techniques.
- Engage with other test engineers to establish and improve testing practices, offer suggestions based on experience.
- Creation and maintenance of test environments and systems.
- Review SQL data to validate operations are correctly performed by the application.
- Positively influence the culture of the department and company: Bold & Enthusiastic, Clear Communicators, Great Executors and One Data Interchange Team
- Develop a wide understanding and depth of product knowledge across the products and solutions developed across the company.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ensure a high standard of releases
- Increase technical ability and understanding
Why work at Data Interchange?
As well as great rates of pay, we reward our people with a benefits package that includes individual training budget, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work & tech scheme, life insurance, fresh fruit, soft drinks and a games room!
Feel like you fit this role, but do not meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so if you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps, we would welcome your application!
Data Interchange are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.