Location: Peterborough / Flexible with home working
Role: Permanent, full time
Data Interchange is a global leader in providing expert EDI and eBusiness solutions. For more than three decades we have been creating connections between businesses and have helped thousands of satisfied customers all over the world to do business electronically. While people trust us for our technical capability and specialist EDI experience, it is our approach that really sets us apart. Data Interchange was founded on the idea of finding brilliantly simple solutions to the challenge’s businesses face every day.
About The Role
The Project Manager is a key member of the Data Interchange Project Management Team and works alongside the other Project Managers, the Project Co-ordinators with a direct report to the Head of PMO. The role is focused on the delivery of Technical Projects for our clients and internally managing business critical system changes and new software products. Initially, the role will be managing several large-scale internal Projects through to completion and in parallel, a small number of projects will be assigned to be delivered to Data Interchange clients.
Data Interchange has a well-developed and structured project management approach for client projects. From point of order, understanding the project scope, ensuring the prerequisites are provided by the client and scheduling and monitoring the solution development, implementation, testing and final go live. The Project Manager has central responsibility for ensuring successful delivery of our larger customer solutions and as such will work closely with customers, their trading partners and most other teams within Data Interchange.
Project Management of various internal projects will involve communication with all departments of Data Interchange, including international divisions. Internal projects are very diverse and not just focused on largely technical projects.
You will be holding overall responsibility for the full project cycle while remaining aligned to strategy, commitments and goals of the organisation. You will coordinate departments to ensure all aspects of projects are compatible and to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. You will develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with all stakeholders, track projects performance and provide accurate and timely reports. You will ensure project risks and opportunities are identified and managed effectively.
Successful candidate will possess
- Experience of managing projects with both business and technology deliverable
- Ability to deliver complex project change to challenging deadlines, within budget and to agreed level of quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships with customers and colleagues
- Previous experience of delivering projects in a SaaS environment will be advantageous
- The right candidate for this role will be passionate and enthusiastic
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Appreciate project scope and define project schedules and milestones that support our clients objectives
- Work closely with project stakeholders including clients, third parties and DI colleagues to create a positive and collaborative Project Team
- Consider and schedule required resources needed to deliver the project objectives and ultimately the customer solution
- Support our clients with guidance and experience gained to allow them to effectively delivery their requirement for the project
- Track project progress, documentation and resource utilisation to ensure effective project delivery
- Organise client orientated project updates according to project size, scope and requirements
- Actively participation in continuous review and improvement of the Project Team
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of project management or related experience
- Project Management certification preferred
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build positive working relationships
- Any EDI / b2b ecommerce, integration experience a benefit
Why work at Data Interchange?
As well as competitive rates of pay, we reward our people with a benefits package that includes individual training budget, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work & tech scheme and life assurance.
Data Interchange are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.