Professional Services Consultant
Contract Type: permanent, full-time
Location: Katowice, Poland
Data Interchange was founded on the idea of finding brilliantly simple solutions to the challenges businesses face every day. And, right now, as part of an ambitious development programme, we are recruiting a Professional Services Consultant.
You will be responsible for delivering professional services in Data Interchange’s delivery organisation.
• Play a key role in the implementation of Data Interchange Products and Services, both on Customer’s Sites and Remotely
• Take responsibility for the delivery of work packages and customer orders in line with Department procedures
• Liaise with customers to clarify requirements
• Installation / upgrade, configuration, and product familiarisation of Data Interchange products in accordance with Customer requirements
• Customer facing training for all of Data Interchange’s products
• Internal staff EDI & product training
Managed Services Implementation
• Contribute to the design, configuration and implementation of new services to support the Service Delivery Managers
• Create procedure and environment documents
• Ensure completed Professional Services work is documented and handed over following the Professional Services to Support handover process – to include sign off and approval from the Managed Services / Support team(s)
• Provide technical assistance to other internal departments where Professional Services input is required
• Assisting customers to create message specifications, often through workshops acting as technical EDI support with the Service Delivery Managers
Data Transformation (mapping)
• To liaise with customers to clarify requirements
• Analyse message specifications/test files and perform a gap analysis
• Create map transformations
Successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to relate the business requirements to the technical solutions
- Ability to look at the bigger picture as well as the fine detail
- Ability to develop customer’s ideas and requirements
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively externally and internally at all levels
- Technical skills on, but not limited to, applications, networks and communication protocols
- Understanding of Windows operating system (services, security, event log etc.)
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server
- Degree in technical or physical sciences
- Experience of B2B integration
- Understanding of data message formats such as EDIFACT / ANSI X12 / TRADACOMS / VDA / XML
- Excellent technical understanding of Data Interchange’s products
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps, we would welcome your application!
Why work at Data Interchange?
As well as great rates of pay, we reward our people with a benefits package that includes individual training budget, subsidised gym membership, Cycle to Work and Technology Scheme, life assurance, and online games!
Data Interchange are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.