Head of Direct Sales
This role forms part of a newly created commercial team that includes a Head of Marketing and Head of Channel Sales.
The Head of Sales position is a fantastic opportunity for a proven B2B sales manager to lead the organisation’s direct sales team and develop a strategy to engage with all our current and future customers.
You will provide the direction and strategy for each customer segment (base, mid-level and key accounts) and ensure that the commercial team has the skill and confidence to deliver at scale and achieve the organisation’s growth plans. You will be passionate about and experienced in opening doors and selling new and innovative products within the SaaS space. This is all about creating opportunity to bring our products to new customers both within and outside our customer base.
The key to success in this role is the ability to provide:
- Strategic leadership – planning, customer messaging, sales processes, organisation and structure and sales strategy including account development
- Operational management – sales management, coaching and team development, forecast management, territory and account planning
- Sales – account management for large (key) accounts
While it would be great to find a candidate located in East Midlands/East Anglia, this is partially a home-based role with some travel to customers and as required to the Peterborough office, so UK-wide applications are welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a track record of managing the sale of software and SaaS solutions as well as related services
- Be capable of leading and motivating a team of sales professionals (account managers and in-house sales executives)
- Be able to prioritise and provide leadership
- Be able to help the sales team sell not only at the technical level
- Understand modern selling techniques and methodologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change and be constantly seeking to deliver results
- Have strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Be a team builder and just as importantly a team player
- Ideally have worked internationally with an understanding of the cultural differences of a global customer base
Candidates with EDI experience/knowledge will have a significant advantage. Ambition and attitude are just as important as experience.
Why work at Data Interchange?
With a base of almost 1000 customers, a rich heritage in successfully delivering supply chain solutions, a strong position in the automotive and manufacturing sectors and a variety of transformational programmes and investments taking place, this is an exciting time to be joining our family business.
As well as great rates of pay, we reward our people with a benefits package that includes individual training budget, subsidised gym membership, Cycle to Work and Tech Schemes and life assurance.
Data Interchange are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.