Backend Software Developer
Location: Peterborough + remote working
Data Interchange is a global leader in providing expert EDI and eBusiness solutions. For more than three decades we have been creating connections between businesses and have helped thousands of satisfied customers all over the world to do business electronically. While people trust us for our technical capability and specialist EDI experience, it’s our approach that really sets us apart. Data Interchange was founded on the idea of finding brilliantly simple solutions to the challenges businesses face every day. And, right now, as part of an ambitious development programme, our Development team is looking to recruit a Software Developer.
You will be working within an Agile team focussed on cloud-based greenfield development to modernise our B2B supply chain management solutions. You will understand industry best practices and develop solutions according to designs agreed during design discussions and workshops and to a high standard. You will design and document small to medium scale changes. When required, you will collaborate with other departments/stakeholders to enquire about needs and requirements. You will be involved with the evolving company culture and encourage others to do the same.
Successful candidate will possess:
- Commercial experience of .NET/.NET Core (C#), developing for cloud-based environments and relational databases
- Experience with any of the following is an advantage: Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, Redis
- A focus on ensuring quality with thorough test coverage
- Exposure to REST based APIs
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Ability to pick up new concepts and technologies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A great team ethos and can do attitude
Why work at Data Interchange?
As well as great rates of pay, we reward our people with a benefits package that includes individual training budget, subsidised gym membership, Cycle to Work and Technology Scheme, life assurance, and online games!
Data Interchange are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.