Head of Channel Sales
Contract Type: permanent, full-time
Location: UK or EMEA with travel
Data Interchange is a global leader in providing expert EDI and eBusiness solutions. For more than three decades we have been creating connections between businesses and have helped thousands of satisfied customers all over the world to do business electronically. While people trust us for our technical capability and specialist EDI experience, it’s our approach that really sets us apart. Data Interchange was founded on the idea of finding brilliantly simple solutions to the challenges businesses face every day. And, right now, as part of an ambitious development program, we are seeking a Head of Channel Sales, EMEA with a Global reach.
Developing additional revenue streams through finding new strategic global partners is a key ingredient of our growth strategy. Our aim is to partner with organisations whose products complement ours, making them more competitive in their markets or helping them provide an end to end solution.
The Head of Channel sales is responsible for managing and leading all channel sales activities from finding and recruiting partners to establish the contractual frameworks required through managing the partners to ensure that they are winning business. This goes hand in hand with building a growing and profitable channel business for Data Interchange.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will require a deep understanding and experience of delivering business growth through developing a new global channel partner model. Therefore, previous experience in a similar role is essential.
What you will do:
- Create and be responsible for the ongoing Channel Partner 3-year business plan
- Build on the foundation established to enhance and improve the Partner recruitment, enablement, onboarding, and management
- Lead the team to inspire, engage, enable and empower Data Interchange’s channel partners to position the Data Interchange Value Propositions to drive partner recruitment and sales through partners, accelerate pipeline and scale
- Collaborate with the DI leadership to develop a robust European channel GTM model and business plan
- Lead a geographically spread team to develop and execute strategic business plans focused on driving new and managing existing Channel Partners, helping to close new opportunities through the channel and ensuring substantial incremental sales growth
- Manage and build a strategic channel network as the primary growth driver of Data Interchange
- Develop, track, report, renew, retain and grow the existing baseline revenue of all subscriptions and enterprise contracts via the channel
- Manage both the sales and marketing activities of the Channel Network
- Develop relationship amongst strategic contacts at senior levels in our Channel Partners
- Meet or exceed channel pipeline, revenue, and bookings targets
What you need to succeed:
Must have attributes:
- People leadership experience and skills
- 5 -10 years channel sales experience for cloud-based Software or Cloud solutions focused on EMEA
- Experience building a channel organization from the ground up within a small organization
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel (when again feasible) as required (50%-70%)
- Able to be part of the team and do many things themselves
Nice to have attributes:
- Previous knowledge of EDI technology and services, ERP or IPAAS
- Knowledge of other languages (German, French)
- EU based location
- North American (global) channel experience
Feel like you fit the role? Apply now!
Please include answers to the below questions in your Covering Letter (max 200 words):
1. What is the single most important area to address when building a new Channel Sales network?
2. Describe how you would build a pipeline of potential partners and the methodology you would use to work the pipeline through the sales funnel?
3. Provide an example of when you had an underperforming partner manager, what you did, and the subsequent outcome?
Data Interchange is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.